My Photo
Name:
Location: Winter Park, Florida, United States

I move throughout the world without a plan, guided by instinct, connecting through trust, and constantly watching for serendipitous opportunities.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

.... I went over

to watch you pack your luggage. You warned me that I'd have a heart attack watching you because you only pack last minute (in fact, you packed right up to when Tiffany arrived). I helped you fold shirts and water plants, while you flitted around packing excitedly (not frantically; there was a heady delirium in the way you packed which was contagious). It'll be two and a half years till we meet again, and this'll be the longest time we're separated since we've met. I kept naming things you should pack to remind you (and yet we missed out something). Still, I was astonished that your check-in luggage weighed in over 23kg. I accompanied you to the airport. It was the first of 5 times I'll be passing through the airport this month, and next week it'll be Crystal's turn to fly. On the way to the airport, you noticed my right eye had streaked red, and emptied out your toiletry kit to hunt for eye drops (but you didn't find it). We bantered over where to go for dinner and I jokingly threatened to eat at Mac's. We settled on Popeyes later, and ended up with food stuck in our teeth.I felt so secure in your presence that I didn't cry when you finally left for your flight. Instead, I wandered around searching for the parking lot and it was a while before I realized I should go down to arrival terminal. Can't wait to see you again. Be happy. Be safe.