My Photo
Name:
Location: Winter Park, Florida, United States

I move throughout the world without a plan, guided by instinct, connecting through trust, and constantly watching for serendipitous opportunities.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

.... I love

...... the way Italian sounds - like portuguese spoken with a wine filled sponge in your mouth. I have a friend who used to be able to turn me to jelly by just reading out his shopping list in a squelchy, soft Italian accent. He was well aware of the effect this had - and I was more than willing to allow him to continue. Now listening to a recording of an italian festival I went to in 1997 and itching to sing along.
My favorite is Trem das Onze, written in the “spaghetti style” by Adorian Barbosa
- sends shivers up my spine….” Non posso essere più di un minuto senza voi, il mio amore, ma non può essere” (rough translation: “I can’t be more than a minute without you, my love, but it cannot be…”)